Screams from Dave's record collection.
It doesn't get much more random than this. Here is a little compilation of rock n roll screams from my record collection. Not to take anything away from Little Richard and other screamers from the 50s, but for me at least, rock 'n roll screams started in the 60s with The Beatles' Revolution. And I have to say, I was totally surprised to find out that I didn't have The Immigrant Song in my collection. I may have to buy it just to legitimize this little piece of nothing.
As a sidenote, my personal favorite has to be the track from My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult (it comes right after the Judas Priest scream),
Here is the list of tracks the screams were taken from. The list is not in the same order as the actual screams, so if you are totally lacking any semblance of a real life, feel free to try to match them up.
- AC/DC - Dirty Deads Done Dirt Cheap
- Alice In Chains - Them Bones
- Blue Cheer - The Hunter
- Boomtown Rats - She's So Modern
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Travelin' Band
- Iron Maiden - Killers
- Janis Joplin - Piece of My Heart
- Joe Walsh - Meadows
- Judas Priest - Dissident Aggressor
- Ministry - Just One Fix
- My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - A Daisy Chain 4 Satan
- Styx - Renegade
- Ted Nugent - Paralyzed
- Ten Years After - Baby Won't You Let Me
- The Beatles - Revolution
- The Clash - This is the Radio Clash
- The Who - Won't Get Fooled Again
One more scream.
The track above contains totally meaningless screams, but most of the screaming these days are actually part of the songs lyrics. Probably one of the best is from the same Marilyn Manson song that brought us the memorable phrase "I wasn't born with enough middle fingers". Rock n roll rebellion doesn't get much better than this, so from Irresponsible Hate Anthem, here is F..... Contains Explicit Material